Our daily programs make learning fun!
Country Day Montessori School of Raleigh provides developmentally appropriate programs for children from six weeks to six years of age. We stress rich learning experiences that stimulate children intellectually and give them an opportunity to master skills while having fun. Children participate at their own level, during both structured activities and free playtime. Early childhood literacy development is emphasized in every program, Infants through Montessori Preschool. Programs are geared to meet the physical, social, emotional and educational needs of the individual at his or her own readiness level, taking into consideration each child’s particular stage of growth and development.
The Country Day Montessori Infant and Toddler programs emphasize:
- Learning through curiosity, gaining the sense of self and relationship with the environment and with others,
- Eye, hand, motor coordination through games and music,
- The use of naturally occurring daily activities and routines to guide learning experiences through movement exploration and early childhood literacy,
- Self-help to foster independence and self mastery (Toddlers are introduced to early Montessori materials to begin their Montessori experiences for the next level), and
- Loving interaction with skilled caregivers.
The Country Day Montessori Preschool program has five distinct areas that define the specially prepared environment or classroom:
- PRACTICAL LIFE: enhances the development of hand-eye coordination, gross motor control, and cognitive order through care of self, care of the environment, development of social relations and coordination of physical movement.
- SENSORIAL: enables the child to order, classify and describe sensory impressions in relation to length, width, temperature, mass, color, pitch, etc.
- MATHEMATICS: enables the child to internalize concepts of number, symbol, sequence, operations, and memorization of basic facts through the use of specially designed manipulative materials.
- LANGUAGE ARTS: incorporates all language development, oral and written expression, reading, the study of grammar, creative dramatics, and children’s literature. Basic skills in writing and reading are developed through the use of sandpaper letters, alphabet cut-outs and various presentations, allowing children to link sounds and letter symbols effortlessly, and to express their thoughts through writing.
- CULTURAL ACTIVITIES: exposes the child to the basics in geography, history, life sciences, earth sciences, music, art, and movement education through the integrated cultural alphabet that is a hallmark of a Montessori education.
- Infants –7:30 am to 5:30 pm–$1,225.00
- Toddlers/Log Cabin –7:30 am to 5:30 pm–$1,150.00
- Children’s House 3 –7:00 am to 6:00 pm–$1,150.00
- Children’s House –7:00 am to 6:00 pm–$1100.00
A one time application fee of $350.00 for one child or $600 for two children is required with enrollment. The application fee is non refundable. Minimum of thirty day notice required for all withdrawals.
An annual fee of $200.00 will be billed each September (or pro-rated for enrollment after this date). This fee helps to underwrite the cost of replacement and/or purchase of new Montessori materials, as well as other child development equipment.
5% Discounts are offered for Siblings, Military families, Educators and University personnel. The sibling discount is based upon the lowest tuition.